Tortas Compuestas are the perfect Mexican food appetizer to serve at any gathering large or small. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS for TORTAS COMPUESTAS:
- 1 sliced onion
- ¼ L (1/2 lb.) cooked pork leg, thinly sliced
- 8 teleras cut in half lengthwise
- 1 can La Costeña refried pinto beans
- 1 sliced avocado and 1sliced tomato
- One can of La Costeña sliced jalapeno peppers
- Mustard and mayonnaise to taste
To make these delicious Tortas Compuestas, fry onion in oil until it is almost golden brown and set aside. In the same oil, fry the meat until slightly golden and set aside. In the same oil, heat the sliced bread on both sides by pressing down with a turner. Spread a few La Costeña refried pinto beans on the bottom half of the bread, cover with meat, avocado and tomato. Add salt to taste and plenty of La Costeña’s sliced jalapeño peppers. To complete the Tortas Compuestas, spread mustard and mayonnaise on the other half of the bread and cover. Enjoy!