Stuffed Zucchini with Ham ©
For 18 – 20 sandwiches
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 100g smoked ham, finely chopped
- 10 green olives, finely chopped, “La Costeña”
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 tsp of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 250g of cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 225 ° C or 435 ° F. Wash and dry the zucchini. Cut the zucchini’s in half lengthwise, and scoop out the core. Finely chop the core and set aside.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 5 minutes on each side.
- For the filling, mix the ham, olives, garlic and the raw squash core. Melt the butter in a pan, add the filling and mix. Discard any juice. Season with thyme, salt and pepper. Add the cottage cheese and mix well.
- Fill the zucchini boats with the mixture. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Good for people with: Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity
TO VIEW MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT: HTTP://MEXICORICO.COM/RECIPES/