Stuffed Mushrooms ©
Nutrition facts per serving:
- 3 Portobello mushrooms
- 100g of turkey breast
- 2 garlic cloves
- Half an onion
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- Grated cheese for melting (zero fat mozzarella, Oax https://youtu.be/tnSgcTAL_TQaca lala light)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- Nopales ”La Costeña” to accompany the filling
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly to remove any dirt. Break the stems off easily with your hands, cut and discard the tough end of stems. You will be left with the cap, which is the part that we will stuff, and part of the stem, which we will use for the filling.
- Chop the stems finely using a sharp knife. Peel the onion and the garlic cloves and chop finely.
- Wash the parsley and the nopales, and chop them too. Cut the ham into small pieces the same size as the other ingredients. Even if you buy diced ham, cut it a bit more.
- Once all the ingredients are ready, drizzle a bit of virgin olive oil in a pan and add the onion, the garlic, the chopped mushrooms stems and the ham, season, and sauté all the ingredients for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown. Then add the chopped parsley, cook for a minute or two so that the flavors can mix and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil in a larger pan and place on low heat, place the caps, smooth side-down, in the pan and cook for several minutes until they are a bit soft. Divide the filling evenly among the caps and once all the mushrooms are stuffed, add the grated cheese on top. Bake for a few minutes in the oven at 180ºC with the upper and lower heating turned on and use the grill function to finish. Once the cheese has melted, remove the mushrooms from the oven and serve them hot. These ham stuffed mushrooms are delicious!
Good for people with: Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity.