Enfrijoladas with Spinach Tortillas ©
Serving for 4 people
- 1 handful of spinach
- ½ kg of nixtamalized corn flower
- habanero peppers “La Costeña”
- 200g of cottage cheese
- sliced jalapeno peppers “La Costeña”
- Bring water to a boil and remove from the heat. Place the spinach in the water and remove it quickly.
- Blend the spinach with a little bit of the water.
- Mix the dough with the spinach and knead until even.
- Roll the dough into balls of the same size and then flatten them into thick tortillas using waxed paper and a plate. Cook the gorditas in a pan on each side until they are cooked through.
- Once cooked remove from the pan and carefully open the tortillas with knife (like a pocket).
- Fill with cottage cheese, sliced jalapeño peppers, and the habanero peppers blended into a sauce.
Good for people with: obesity and overweight.
TO VIEW MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT: HTTP://MEXICORICO.COM/RECIPES/
Related topicsHealthy Eating
Share this recipe
What do you think about this recipe?