This delicious Sopes Poblanos © recipe is the perfect week night meal. It is quick and easy to prepare.
- ¼ k (1/2 lb) tortilla dough
- 1 cup anejo cheese finely grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. Lard
- 1 sliced onion
- 5 chiles poblanos, roasted, seeded, deveined, and cut into strips
- 1 cup seasoned tomato puree
- 1 can La Costeña refried pinto beans, heated
To make Sopes Poblanos, mix the tortilla dough with half the cheese, egg yolks, lard and salt. Knead for 10 minutes and let stand for 2 hours. Form sopes by making a border along the edge. Fry them in lard or oil, drain and arrange on a platter. Sauté onion, add poblano strips, tomato puree and salt to taste. Spread some hot beans on each sope, Cover with the poblano mixture and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Enjoy!