Pan de Cazon © originates from Campeche, Mexico. It’s unique and delicious. Give it a try! Make enough because everyone will be asking for more servings!
- 1/2 pc. onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 14 oz. rockfish fillet in cubes
- 1/2 cup La Costeña® Mexican Salsa
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce Seasoned with Spices
- 2 tbsp. lard
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 pcs. corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- Fry onion in oil until it is translucent, add the rockfish and cook for 3 min.
- Add the Mexican sauce and continue cooking for 3 more minutes.
- Lightly fry the tortillas on both sides in hot lard.
- Mix the tomato sauce with the water and boil.
- To make the pudding: On a recipient, put a layer of tortilla, then a layer of the prepared rockfish, and pour the tomato sauce on the layers. Repeat the procedure thrice.