This Northern Cortadillo-Style Beef © dish is a popular dish in the northern states of Mexico. It is also similar to the delicious “carne guisada” dish made in the border towns of Texas. It consists of finely diced beef slow cooked in a tomato stew. Give it a try!
- 25 oz. diced beef
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup of Mashed Peeled Tomato (12.5 packaging)
- 1 can La Costeña® Pickled Jalapeño Peppers (3.7 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander
- 1 can La Costeña® Whole Pinto Beans (19.75 oz.)
- Salt and pepper
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Fry in oil until slightly brown. Add the onion and fry during 4 more minutes at medium heat. Add the peeled tomatoes and the Jalapeño peppers. Cook until the meat is tender and well cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve together with Pinto beans.
TO VIEW MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT: HTTP://MEXICORICO.COM/RECIPES/