Nopal Panini ©
Serving for 1 person
- Toasted and ground oats
- 2 nopales cactus paddles
- 1 slice of turkey breast
- Skimmed milk or 1 egg
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking Soda
- Light mozzarella cheese
- Sliced jalapeno peppers “La Costeña”
- Serve with cooked beans (don’t add these if you want to lose weight) note: not included in the calories since they are optional
- Place the nopales in a pot with water, salt and baking soda. Boil until cooked then drain carefully.
- Once drained coat the nopales with ground oats, dip in milk or egg, and then coat with ground oats again for a healthy breading.
- Once finished, place a slice of turkey breast, grated mozzarella cheese and sliced jalapeno peppers on top of one cactus paddle. Cover with the other paddle.
- Cook using a panini press until golden brown and enjoy!
- Serve with beans and grated panela cheese.
Good for people with: obesity, overweight and for people looking for a healthier lifestyle.
TO VIEW MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT: HTTP://MEXICORICO.COM/RECIPES/
Related topicsEggs, Summer Event, Lunch, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Cheese, Cactus
Share this recipe
What do you think about this recipe?