Mini Guava Paste Pies
- guava paste “La Costeña”
- round and small vanilla cookies (“marias” or similar)
- cupcake molds
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Philadelphia cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- whipped cream
- chopped almonds
- ¼ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- In a bowl mix the cheese until soft, add sugar, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Place a cookie in each cupcake mold.
- Cut half of the guava paste into small cubes and the other half into bigger cubes. Add the small cubes to the cheese mixture and place the mixture in the molds. Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool.
- In a large pot, cook the big cubes with the water until you obtain a jelly.
- Top each mini pie with the jelly, the whipped cream and the almonds.