These delicious Huevos Motuleños is not your everyday breakfast… it is SO MUCH BETTER! This dish has all the flavors of the Yukutan in Mexico. Make for yourself or for a gathering. It’s the perfect dish for brunch! Enjoy.
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 2 cups seasoned tomato puree
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 can green peas
- 150 grams (5oz) thick ham slices, cubed
- 1 can La Costeña refried black beans
- 6 lightly fried tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams (5oz) Gouda cheese, cubed
Sauté onion and add tomato puree. Simmer for 10 minutes. Then add vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Stir in peas and ham and simmer for a few more minutes. Meanwhile, heat beans and spread over tortillas. Place a fried egg on each tortilla, cover with sauce and dot with cheese.
TO VIEW MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT: HTTP://MEXICORICO.COM/RECIPES/