For the tortilla boats:
- 1 lb 10 oz (750g) tortilla dough
- 5 oz (150g) crumbled goat cheese
- Corn oil for frying
For the filling:
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Chopped onion
- 3 Cloves of garlic (peeled and chopped)
- ½ 12 oz (350g) Diced tomato
- ½ 20 oz (560g) can La Costeña Whole Pinto Beans, blended to a thick purée
- 1 Chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 1 Romain lettuce (washed and finely shredded for garnish)
- 2 oz (50g) Crumbled goat cheese
- 2 or 3 La Costeña Chipotle Peppers In Adobo (cut into strips)
Blend the tortilla dough with the 2 oz (50g) goat cheese and salt to taste. Shape the dough into several oval croquettes and fry them in the hot oil until golden-brown. Remove and drain the excess oil with kitchen paper towels. Once they’re cool enough to handle, make an opening on one side, stuff them with the filling and close up again. Garnish with lettuce and finally sprinkle each with the remaining goat cheese and a strip of Chipotle Pepper.
Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent, add the Diced Tomato and season well. Add the Pinto Beans and fry until the mixture acquires the consistency of a thick purée. Add the chicken and mix well.