- 1/2 kilo = 1 lb Puff Pastry
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Powdered Cinnamon
- 1 Cup of Jumex Apple Nectar
- 8 Apples.
- 2 Tablespoons of Margarine
- 2 Egg Whites
- In a large, clean, smooth surface spread the wheat flour and then put the Puff Paste above the flour.
- With a baking rod flatten (always in same direction) the paste until it thickness to about 1 cm or 1/3 Inch. Use it to cover the base and the sides of a pie mold. Use a fork to pinch some holes in the resulting dough to allow breathing when baking the shell.
- In the same way, create another dough base that will cover the full diameter of the mold and then cover it with a clean piece of cloth before storing in the refrigerator.
- For the filling, remove the seeds and chop the apples same-sized cubes to insure a consistent baking process. Proceed to mix the Sugar, Nutmeg, half of the Cinnamon and the Jumex Apple Nectar, letting them repose for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the nectar based mix and pour into the pie mold then cover with the previously refrigerated paste. Varnish the top dough with 2 previously beaten egg yolks and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon. At the center make 4 cuts to the outside of the mold to allow the baking heat to be uniform.
- Bake between 40 to 50 minutes at 356 °F or 180°C or until the top is crisp and has a brownish color with the refill bubbling. Serve warm and preferably with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.