For the croquettes:
- 1 Chicken breast (cooked and finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons of La Costeña Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce (diced)
- 1 Lightly beaten egg
- Breadcrumbs (for breading)
- Oil for shallow-frying
For the white sauce:
- ½ Stick of butter (1 ½ oz / 45g)
- ⅓ Cup of flour
- 1 Cup of warm milk
- French’s Salt n’ Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
To make the white sauce, mix the butter in a pan and gradually add the flour and milk, beating vigorously with a whisk for approximately 2 minutes until thick. Then add the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Once the white sauce is ready, mix it with the chicken and Chipotle Peppers. Allow to cool completely. Shape into round croquettes or sticks. Dip in the egg, then in the breading and fry in the hot oil until crisp. After frying, place the croquettes on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil. Optionally, crumble and sprinkle some parsley over the croquettes and serve immediately.