Beetroot Sopes ©
- 2 cups corn flour (Maseca)
- 1¼ cup pre-cooked or 1¼ cup liquefied nopal
- 1 tsp salt
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 can liquefied chipotle chilies “La Costeña”.
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- In a bowl mix the corn flour, liquefied nopal, salt and lemon.
- Mix and until you obtain a smooth dough without lumps. If the dough is a bit dry add a few tablespoons of water one by one.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces and roll each one into a ball. One at a time, roll them out into a tortilla shape with a border to prevent the topping from falling out and cook them in a skillet.
- To serve add the chicken with the chipotle sauce on top or the chicken with the tomato and onion.
*Maseca is the most popular corn flour brand in Mexico
Good for people with: Obesity, Hypercholesterolemia, Constipation.
TO VIEW MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT: HTTP://MEXICORICO.COM/RECIPES/